LP+P has built a strong team through continuous employee engagement and training.
As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is a seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team.
LP&P is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the area’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
It’s what makes LP&P a great place to work and grow.
LP&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Employee Morale Programs
- CEO Award Program – Management chooses one team member each quarter for Outstanding Achievement – 500 dollar reward
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401 K Program
- KPI Driven Bonus Program – Hourly Team members can receive profit bonuses based on performance
- See It Say It Fix It Program – suggestions on safety and performance submitted by team members – If your idea is chosen you get a 25 Dollar Gift card
- In House Training programs – Team members can learn skills in house such as Hi-Lo operation, Overhead Crane, Hazwoper, Aerial Lift
Waste Water Treatment Technicians
Waste Water Treatment Technicians operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment facility and its processes. Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of plant operations, compliance with state and federal operating regulations, Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of management, subject to review through reports and results achieved.
Ideal candidates will have a working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of wastewater treatment plant. Have a basic knowledge of State and Federal rules governing wastewater discharges.
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with
- Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, and storm
- water and sludge management.
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and pump stations and all of their components.
- On call to respond to emergencies and spill clean-up at the plant.
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintain open communications with Management regarding the treatment process operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Ideal candidates will possess High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Plating Lab / Line Watchers
Lab Techs and Line watchers perform hourly chemical checks and watch for all maintenance issues on the Plating Line. They also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.
Previous Experience in Laboratory Setting, Use of Industrial Chemicals, or Electroplating experience preferred. Plating Lab Techs work in a laboratory setting, performing test of chemicals analyzing and problems solving issues on the Plating line. Lab techs also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.
- Previous Training in HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT 126 and Confined Space Also Preferred
- Pre-plate and process tank analysis as indicated by frequency as described in Lab work instructions.
- Hull Cell panels (Strike, Bright Acid Coppers and Nickel Baths).
- Change out drums as needed
- Make up of brighteners to specified tanks
- Group leader during tank maintenance
- Electro less copper analysis
- Equipment maintenance and/or repairs
- Housekeeping and 6S as required
- Other duties as assigned by management The positions follow standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible
- The production worker position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. This includes injection molded plastics, and chrome plated or painted plastics.
- Entry Level Production Positions, On all Shifts for All Departments.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift Manufacturing Production
Entry Level Production Positions, On all Shifts for All Departments The positions follow standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible The production worker position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. This includes injection molded plastics, and chrome plated or painted plastics.
- Inspection of parts
- Following written work instructions
- Counting and recording products boxed or scraped
- Clipping, trimming, or sanding parts and placing them into boxes or containers.
- Inspection of parts prior to racking on multiple plating racks
- Removing plated components of plating racks
- Clipping of trimming excess material before inspection and placement into packaging.
- Inspection and assembly of parts
- Running parts through simple machines
- Applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings
- Inspection and identification of any chrome or paint defects
LP+P is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.