LP+P has built a strong team through continuous employee engagement and training.
As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is a seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team.
LP&P is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the area’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
It’s what makes LP&P a great place to work and grow.
LP&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Employee Morale Programs
- CEO Award Program – Management chooses one team member each quarter for Outstanding Achievement – 500 dollar reward
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401 K Program
- KPI Driven Bonus Program – Hourly Team members can receive profit bonuses based on performance
- See It Say It Fix It Program – suggestions on safety and performance submitted by team members – If your idea is chosen you get a 25 Dollar Gift card
- Employee of the Month Program – Team members and supervision nominate peers for dedicated service – 25 dollar gift card
- In House Training programs – Team members can learn skills in house such as Hi-Lo operation, Overhead Crane, Hazwoper, Aerial Lift
1st 2nd 3rd Shift Manufacturing Production
Entry Level Production Positions – Involves inspection of parts, following written work instructions, clipping, trimming, or sanding parts and placing them into boxes or containers. Inspection of parts prior to racking on multiple plating racks, removing plated components of plating racks clipping of trimming excess material before inspection and placement into packaging. Inspection and assembly of parts, running parts through simple machines, applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings.
- Inspection of parts at each step of the manufacturing process
- Involves inspection of parts, clipping, trimming, or sanding parts
- Boxing of parts into packaging
- Recording of parts made and scrap made each hour
- Racking of parts on to or off plating racks
- Running parts through simple machines
- Applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings
Relaying information on safety, defects and processes to supervisor
3rd SHIFT – Injection Molding Process Technician
- Process refinement to exceed quality and production standards
- Maintain process standards as established
- Communicate and document tooling and machinery problems
- Monitor organization of die setter’s activities
- Troubleshooting of process
- Participate in corrective action teams and activities
- Document process and deviations, as required
- Report all safety issues
- Obtain first shot approval and last shot
- Document scrap and production sheets as required
- Fills in for shift supervisor as needed
- Other duties as directed by management
- The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician include:
- General facility repair and upkeep
- Adjust and repair associated equipment as required
- Ability to weld well enough to build, fabricate and repair racks, stands and equipment
- Correct use of acetylene cutting and gas welding torch
- Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Electrical knowledge
- Ability to run all types of piping systems
- Ability to disassemble, recognize faulty parts and repair equipment
- Knowledge of 480 VAC, 120 VAC, and 24v D.C. systems and usage on machinery and equipment
- Able to run electrical conduit and pull wire for electrical powered equipment
- Able to repair electrical/hydraulic breakdowns on equipment and machinery
- Experience with industrial power and controls wiring.
- PLC and HMI experience
Program Manager – Automotive
The program manager is our liaison to the customer, ensuring that customers standards and qualifications are addressed and supporting the customers standards throughout the manufacturing process. The program manager oversees the APQP process, manages program expenditures. Leads customer review meetings and works on continuous improvement of the program.
- Provide leadership, direction, and help to product team
- Manage our Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Process on time
- Set up cost book and Bill of Material (BOM)
- Manage program expenditures, including tool history costs
- Chair management review meetings
- Manage customer relations and sales function as required
- Draft and monitor project timing charts
- Work on continuous improvements (i.e. Quality, Cost and Delivery)
Other tasks as assigned by Management
Environmental Safety & Health Director
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Safety & Health Director (ES&H) to be based in our Lapeer, MI. Operations.
Provides technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, Federal State, and/or company environmental, safety, and health regulations.
ES&H Director is expected to pursue and/or complete ES&H related professional certifications including, but not limited to the Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH), Certified Health Physicist (CHP), Certified Ergonomic Associate (CEA), and Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certifications.
- Initial certifications are individual development technical achievements and can be accomplished by receiving the Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and/or Occupational Health and Safety Technician.
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety and health standards of the Company and all applicable codes are followed.
- Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfill the organization’s overall objectives.
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence and procedures manuals.
- Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required
- Meets applicable regulatory codes and standards where required
- May function as a generalist responsible for multiple ES&H facets on a small project or as a specialist on larger projects
Plating Lab Technicians and Line Watchers
Plating Lab Techs work in a laboratory setting, performing test of chemicals analyzing and problems solving issues on the Plating line. Lab techs also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.
Line watchers perform hourly chemical checks and watch for all maintenance issues on the Plating Line. They also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line
Previous Experience in Laboratory Setting, Use of Industrial Chemicals, or Electroplating experience preferred.
Previous Training in HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT 126 and Confined Space Also Preferred
-Pre-plate and process tank analysis as indicated by frequency as described in the Lab work instructions.
-Hull Cell panels (Strike, Bright Acid Coppers and Nickel Baths).
-Change out drums as needed
-Make up of brighteners to specified tanks
-Group leader during tank maintenance
-Electro less copper analysis
-Equipment maintenance and/or repairs
-Housekeeping and 6S as required
-Other duties as assigned by management
Waste Water Treatment Technician
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment facility and its
- Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of waste water operations, compliance with state and federal operating regulations, Work is performed with
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with
- Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, and storm
- water and sludge management.
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintain open communications with Management regarding the treatment process and
- pump stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
Shipping/Warehouse Team Member
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for shipping
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB
- Assist in the documentation of corrective actions.
- Inputting of scrap data into the computer system
- Charting of containment and quality issues
- Completion of PRR Charts and graphs
- Check and post quality alerts
- Update and review customer scorecards, complaints and containment statuses
- Assist in the logging and filing of corrective action
- Will act as “back up” Quality Auditor as need and have the ability to perform all functions of a Quality Auditor
PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB
- Perform all auditing functions on the production floor to ensure a quality product is shipped to the customer.
- Must be able to work in all three departments
- Perform rounds in assigned department of each station for quality issues and questions
- Maintain files in Quality Department for all charts, logs, instructions, and test results.
- Assist in the production of first piece standard
- Process reject tags
- Assist with gauge calibrations, surveys, audits, etc., as requested.
- Communicate with Quality Assurance Supervisor when floor files are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Report out-of-control conditions on SPC charts to Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Educate production staff on quality standards.
- Make decisions on quality concerns in production; get assistance from Quality Assurance Supervisor as needed.
- Other duties as directed by management
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.