LP+P has built a strong team through continuous employee engagement and training.
As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Employee Morale Programs
- CEO Award Program – Management chooses one team member each quarter for Outstanding Achievement – 500 dollar reward
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401 K Program
- KPI Driven Bonus Program – Hourly Team members can receive profit bonuses based on performance
- See It Say It Fix It Program – suggestions on safety and performance submitted by team members – If your idea is chosen you get a 25 Dollar Gift card
- Employee of the Month Program – Team members and supervision nominate peers for dedicated service – 25 dollar gift card
- 50 dollar monthly perfect attendance program
- In House Training programs – Team members can learn skills in house such as Hi-Lo operation, Overhead Crane, Hazwoper, Aerial Lift
1st 2nd 3rd Shift Manufacturing Production
Entry Level Production Positions – Involves inspection of parts, following written work instructions, clipping, trimming, or sanding parts and placing them into boxes or containers. Inspection of parts prior to racking on multiple plating racks, removing plated components of plating racks clipping of trimming excess material before inspection and placement into packaging. Inspection and assembly of parts, running parts through simple machines, applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings.
- Inspection of parts at each step of the manufacturing process
- Involves inspection of parts, clipping, trimming, or sanding parts
- Boxing of parts into packaging
- Recording of parts made and scrap made each hour
- Racking of parts on to or off plating racks
- Running parts through simple machines
- Applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings
Relaying information on safety, defects and processes to supervisor
Cost Estimator/Sales Associate
The role of the Estimator/Sales Associate is to provide technical product costing support and sales support to our OEM and Tier One customers. This dual role position provides a unique opportunity for talented individuals who seek to align his/her technical cost skills in a robust sales function. The role is to develop accurate product costs and support the development of product cost models; material usage, material cost, equipment requirements, labor requirements, cycle times, tooling and capital requirements for new business or changes to current OEM programs.
- Development of product cost models, while providing strong presentation & communication skills for interface with customers
- Review complex bill of materials for reasonableness
- Review manufacturing assumptions for manufacturability of OEM products produced by LP+P
- Communicate/educate (Sales Function) internal, external organizations at OEM, Tier One levels including engineering, financial and purchasing leadership
- Rate development- typical manufacturing needs (process, labor, overhead, etc.)
- Provide cost targets of all purchased items
- Support purchasing negotiations and act as sales representative for engineering buy-in confirmation at OEM and/or Tier One relationships. Communication bridge between engineering and purchasing
- Sell style, design, beauty of LP+P products for long-term value & relationships at OEM
- Ability to articulate “Value Proposition” to our customers
- Responsibilities of the Process Technician include Process refinement to exceed quality and production standards. Maintaining process standards as established. Communicating and document tooling and machinery problems. Troubleshooting of the molding process, documenting process and deviations, as required. Documenting scrap and production sheets as required. And to Fill in for shift supervisor as needed.
3rd SHIFT – Injection Molding Process Technician
- Process refinement to exceed quality and production standards
- Maintain process standards as established
- Communicate and document tooling and machinery problems
- Monitor organization of die setter’s activities
- Troubleshooting of process
- Participate in corrective action teams and activities
- Document process and deviations, as required
- Report all safety issues
- Obtain first shot approval and last shot
- Document scrap and production sheets as required
- Fills in for shift supervisor as needed
- Other duties as directed by management
- The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician include:
- General facility repair and upkeep
- Adjust and repair associated equipment as required
- Ability to weld well enough to build, fabricate and repair racks, stands and equipment
- Correct use of acetylene cutting and gas welding torch
- Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Electrical knowledge
- Ability to run all types of piping systems
- Ability to disassemble, recognize faulty parts and repair equipment
- Knowledge of 480 VAC, 120 VAC, and 24v D.C. systems and usage on machinery and equipment
- Able to run electrical conduit and pull wire for electrical powered equipment
- Able to repair electrical/hydraulic breakdowns on equipment and machinery
- Experience with industrial power and controls wiring.
- PLC and HMI experience
Program Manager – Automotive
The program manager is our liaison to the customer, ensuring that customers standards and qualifications are addressed and supporting the customers standards throughout the manufacturing process. The program manager oversees the APQP process, manages program expenditures. Leads customer review meetings and works on continuous improvement of the program.
- Provide leadership, direction, and help to product team
- Manage our Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Process on time
- Set up cost book and Bill of Material (BOM)
- Manage program expenditures, including tool history costs
- Chair management review meetings
- Manage customer relations and sales function as required
- Draft and monitor project timing charts
- Work on continuous improvements (i.e. Quality, Cost and Delivery)
Other tasks as assigned by Management
Environmental Safety & Health Director
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Safety & Health Director (ES&H) to be based in our Lapeer, MI. Operations.
Provides technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, Federal State, and/or company environmental, safety, and health regulations.
ES&H Director is expected to pursue and/or complete ES&H related professional certifications including, but not limited to the Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH), Certified Health Physicist (CHP), Certified Ergonomic Associate (CEA), and Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certifications.
- Initial certifications are individual development technical achievements and can be accomplished by receiving the Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and/or Occupational Health and Safety Technician.
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety and health standards of the Company and all applicable codes are followed.
- Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfill the organization’s overall objectives.
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence and procedures manuals.
- Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required
- Meets applicable regulatory codes and standards where required
- May function as a generalist responsible for multiple ES&H facets on a small project or as a specialist on larger projects
Plating Lab Technicians and Line Watchers
Plating Lab Techs work in a laboratory setting, performing test of chemicals analyzing and problems solving issues on the Plating line. Lab techs also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.
Line watchers perform hourly chemical checks and watch for all maintenance issues on the Plating Line. They also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line
Previous Experience in Laboratory Setting, Use of Industrial Chemicals, or Electroplating experience preferred.
Previous Training in HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT 126 and Confined Space Also Preferred
-Pre-plate and process tank analysis as indicated by frequency as described in the Lab work instructions.
-Hull Cell panels (Strike, Bright Acid Coppers and Nickel Baths).
-Change out drums as needed
-Make up of brighteners to specified tanks
-Group leader during tank maintenance
-Electro less copper analysis
-Equipment maintenance and/or repairs
-Housekeeping and 6S as required
-Other duties as assigned by management
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.