LP+P has built a strong team through continuous employee engagement and training.
As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is a seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team.
LP&P is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the area’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
It’s what makes LP&P a great place to work and grow.
LP&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Employee Morale Programs
- CEO Award Program – Management chooses one team member each quarter for Outstanding Achievement – 500 dollar reward
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401 K Program
- KPI Driven Bonus Program – Hourly Team members can receive profit bonuses based on performance
- See It Say It Fix It Program – suggestions on safety and performance submitted by team members – If your idea is chosen you get a 25 Dollar Gift card
- In House Training programs – Team members can learn skills in house such as Hi-Lo operation, Overhead Crane, Hazwoper, Aerial Lift
3rd Shift Injection Molding Production Supervisor
The Injection Molding Supervisor is responsible for directing a team of molding associates in the areas of production, scheduling, safety, and quality. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of ‘hands-on’ injection molding and similar experience dealing in plastic polymers as well as supervisory experience and process technician experience. The position will require competencies that include molding, tooling, quality inspection and supervision.
- Troubleshoot and adjust molding parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output
- Lead a team of up to 20 people in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and in continuous improvement
- Assist process technician in startup and operation of injection molding equipment
- Perform problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous
- Coordinate tooling and equipment availability, repair and maintenance
- Ensure cleanliness and maintains safe work environment within molding department
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions
- Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Data Entry or Scrap Reporting
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment and supervisory experience
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills
Plating Lab Line Watchers
Line watchers perform hourly chemical checks and watch for all maintenance issues on the Plating Line. They also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.Previous Experience in Laboratory Setting, Use of Industrial Chemicals, or Electroplating experience preferred. Plating Lab Techs work in a laboratory setting, performing test of chemicals analyzing and problems solving issues on the Plating line. Lab techs also work on the line with general clean up, Tank Maintenance start up and shut down of the Plating line.
- Previous Training in HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT 126 and Confined Space Also Preferred
- Pre-plate and process tank analysis as indicated by frequency as described in the Lab work instructions.
- Hull Cell panels (Strike, Bright Acid Coppers and Nickel Baths).
- Change out drums as needed
- Make up of brighteners to specified tanks
- Group leader during tank maintenance
- Electro less copper analysis
- Equipment maintenance and/or repairs
- Housekeeping and 6S as required
- Other duties as assigned by management Entry Level Production Positions, On all Shifts for All Departments.The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible
- The production worker position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. This includes injection molded plastics, and chrome plated or painted plastics.
1st 2nd 3rd Shift Manufacturing Production
- Inspection of parts
- Following written work instructions
- Counting and recording products boxed or scraped
- Clipping, trimming, or sanding parts and placing them into boxes or containers.
- Inspection of parts prior to racking on multiple plating racks
- Removing plated components of plating racks
- Clipping of trimming excess material before inspection and placement into packaging.
- Inspection and assembly of parts
- Running parts through simple machines
- Applying lenses, clips or adhesive backings
- Inspection and identification of any chrome or paint defects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.